Please answer the following question 

Ethan's factory produced 1,500 tables each day. 8% of them were scrapped. Ethan sold 60% of the good tables and had the remaining donated. What percent of the tables were donated?

asked May 16 in Pre-Algebra Answers by anonymous

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

8% of 1500=0.08*1500=120 tables scrapped leaving 1380 good tables. 92% of the tables were good.

Ethan sold 60% of the good tables=0.60*1380=828 tables.

So the number donated=1380-828=552. We could have worked this out by saying that Ethan donated 100-60=40% of the tables, 0.40*1380=552.

The percentage donated=552/1500=0.368=36.8%.

This is the same as 0.92*0.40=0.368=36.8%.

answered May 16 by Rod Top Rated User (582,400 points)

Related questions

Welcome to MathHomeworkAnswers.org, where students, teachers and math enthusiasts can ask and answer any math question. Get help and answers to any math problem including algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, fractions, solving expression, simplifying expressions and more. Get answers to math questions. Help is always 100% free!
81,648 questions
85,885 answers
2,187 comments
69,312 users