Find the derivation of. (1-tan x/1+tan x)^1/2
asked Dec 15, 2016 in Trigonometry Answers by M.Safeer

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

Let y=√((1-tan(x))/(1+tan(x))) = √((cos(x)-sin(x))/(cos(x)+sin(x))) = √((cos(x)-sin(x))^2/cos(2x)) (multiplying top and bottom by cos(x)-sin(x) and replacing cos^2(x)-sin^2(x) with cos(2x)).


Let u=cos(x)-sin(x); du/dx=-(sin(x)+cos(x)).

Let v=(cos(2x))^-1/2;




answered Dec 15, 2016 by Rod Top Rated User (479,700 points)

Related questions

1 answer
0 answers
asked May 28, 2013 in Trigonometry Answers by anonymous | 63 views
0 answers
asked Sep 20, 2013 in Calculus Answers by hamidmalik (120 points) | 47 views
1 answer
asked Nov 27, 2016 in Calculus Answers by Muhammad Safeer | 34 views
1 answer
Welcome to, where students, teachers and math enthusiasts can ask and answer any math question. Get help and answers to any math problem including algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, fractions, solving expression, simplifying expressions and more. Get answers to math questions. Help is always 100% free!
79,460 questions
83,369 answers
66,090 users