0.01 corresponds to a confidence level of 90%, so we would expect our probability to be within this 90% interval. Outside the interval we reject the null hypothesis and, by default, accept the alternative hypothesis. 90% leaves 10% shared by the two tails of the symmetrical distribution. So that’s 5%, or 0.05, for each tail. 0.012 is less than 0.05 so we reject the null hypothesis. This 2-tail test applies to the null hypothesis, when the alternative hypothesis is specifically a not-equal type. A 1-tail test applies when the alternative hypothesis is either greater-than (right-tail) or less-than (left-tail). The p-value of 0.012 is much less than the significance level of 0.10, so, again, the null hypothesis is rejected, implying that the alternative hypothesis is accepted with the given level of significance.